Thursday, April 21, 2011

Green around the gills

I have had a rough two days.
I'm blogging from the couch in my pjs right now.
Yesterday around noon I started feeling kind of queasy. (Granted I'm a child counselor, and there is no way I can see clients if I'm throwing up!)
I left work, headed home, and laid down. 
I started throwing up at 3, and didn't stop until about 6.
I hugged the toilet off and on all afternoon.

I called my husband, and my mom. I'm a weeny.
My mom got over to the house and checked to see if I had a fever. Yep - 101.9
She took me to one of those after hours, no wait clinics. My blood pressure was up, and my fever had dropped to 101.
The Dr. immediately gave me a magic little pill called Zofran. Amazing!! I stopped feeling like I was going to puke my guts up and die queasy almost immediately.
She did a flu test by sticking a swab-thing up my nose. I had to hold really still - ok hard to do when you're tickling my brain with a q-tip!!
No flu!! She determined it was a virus and wrote me a RX for the magic little Zofran pill.
I'm feeling better today. I snacked on Ritz crackers and Sprite all day long. I was brave and ate some chicken noodle soup (thanks mom!) for dinner.
My poor husband - I made him sleep on the couch last night - I don't want him to get sick. He's SO funny.... before going to sleep on the couch last night, he said "Can you at least cuss at me or something before sending me to spend the night on the couch by myself?" Poor guy.

I'm sitting here wondering what the heck I'm going to do when I get pregnant. I hate being sick like this.... and I'm such a weeny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...