Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Special Gift

At the end of July, I went to visit both of my Grandparents. Turns out, it would be the last time I saw my Grandmother. What a special visit... I'm so glad I saw her.
She has a special tradition for each of her grandchildren. When they are pregnant with their first baby, she makes them a "pregnancy basket" filled with individually wrapped gifts. There is one gift for each month of the pregnancy for mommy to open. I got my "pregnancy basket" on that last visit to my Grandmother's house.
I'm amazed at the fact that I have a basket full of presents to open from my Grandmother - even after she is gone. I open each one on the first day of the month - but I opened my September gift last Friday, after Grandmother passed away. The gifts aren't marked as to which one to open when, but one had a card with it, so I opened it up. It was a spa lotion set, and soft, cozy socks. The card is now near and dear to my heart.
I am so blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...