Thursday, July 14, 2011

Catch Up

I just realized I never posted about our family's 4th of July!
Somehow, I don't have a single picture from that weekend - major fail on my part!
Saturday we took Stevie over to my parents' house to meet their new rescue dog Nelson. He is such a sweet dog - read his story here: Nelson's Story
He and Stevie did great! Nelson was a little freaked out a first - but he and Stevie ended up playing in my parents' huge backyard. I stayed inside.... it was HOT!
Dad cooked - he could be a chef when he grows up! ;) I made banana pudding - I use my bosses' recipe... it's fabulous! I'll do a whole banana pudding post later.
Sunday we went to church and helped a friend put up a trampoline... well, Clint helped put the trampoline together. I stayed inside and chatted with my girlfriend!
Monday was a big day - we bought a new-ish fridge! The previous fridge we owned was given to us by our friends who sold us the house... the icemaker barely worked - and then it died! In Texas, with sweet tea, you gotta have ICE!!! :)
We met up with Tiffany and Kendall for an awesome fireworks show at a local park.
I'm officially finished teaching for the summer - Summer I ended on the 7th... so I can sleep in! My work schedule is typically 10-6, so it's a blessing to sleep till 8 in the morning!
Big news and updates coming next week... stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...