Friday, May 20, 2011

Dinner success and mummy chicken

I may or may not have a sign very similiar to this one in my kitchen:
Anyhow, I'm working on my cooking skills. I was blessed to receive so many wonderful kitchen gadgets, bakeware, and corningware for my wedding last year that I have no clue how to use that I rarely ever use. My poor hubs has had cookies for dinner twice this past week because I got home from work late and didn't feel like cooking.
I've decided this must change. The way I see it is, as a Godly woman and wife, I ought to take better care of my family. So, I am working hard at scouring through recipes and increasing my cooking abilities.

Dinner tonight? SUCCESS!!!
Cavatini
2 26.5 oz cans of your favorite spaghetti sauce
1 pkg egg noodles cooked
1 lb ground beef
1 pkg sliced pepperoni
1 lb sausage
1 1/2 lb shredded mozzarella cheese

Cook ground meat with sausagee until brown. Slice pepperoni slices in half and add to meat mixture along with sauce.  Simmer 30 minutes. Grease large casserole dish - layer in dish as follows:
meat mixture, noodles, cheese - repeat
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.


Oh my goodness! It was SO yummy! Hubs ate it up! And... it was easy!!
Funny part of the story - a few days ago, hubs had grilled chicken legs and there were a few left over. He put them on a plate and put them in the oven - he said to keep Stevie from getting them. ?? Hmm why not put them in the fridge - this is beyond me. I never leave anything in the oven, so I turned it on to pre-heat for my lovely dinner. (Still not looking inside). The oven beeps to let me know it's pre-heated, and I open up the door to put in the yummy dinner I made. What do I find? Mummified chicken legs - BLECH!! Gross hubs!!

Dinner turned out great though, and I'm feeling more confident in my ability to cook. What are some of your favorite recipes?

3 comments:

  1. That looks really good, thanks for sharing! I'm going to try it this week sometime. Too funny about the chicken legs! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy! :) Love it! I also became a follower of your blog! Erin


    www.healthybranscoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chicken legs made me laugh! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...